Job Title: Water Operator (2 positions)
Hours: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
Water Systems Operators (2 positions)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Engages in the daily operation and maintenance of the water system including but not limited to production, treatment and storage facilities, and delivery of water in the District.
- Participates in repair and maintenance of water facilities including grounds, plants, wells, pump stations, storage tanks, valves, hydrants, pressure regulating stations, and related equipment.
- Interprets and implements laboratory, mechanical, and operational data.
- Collects and analyzes water samples taken throughout the distribution system by performing standard chemical and physical examinations.
- This position is on-call on a rotating basis.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Possess a valid Colorado driver's license preferably a CDL Class “A” preferred
- Minimum of one year of industry experience (preferred)
- Must possess a minimum of a Colorado Water Operator "D" certification or Class 1 Distribution certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment, or a maximum of a Water Operator “A” certification or Class 4 Distribution certification
- When on-call you must have the ability to respond to calls within 30 minutes
- The District will consider entry level trainee applicants.
Attractive Benefits Package:
- Employee and Family medical coverage (HDHP 100% premium paid plus HSA contributions)
OR Employee and Family medical coverage (PPO 80% premium paid)
- 100% premium paid - Employee and family dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Long Term and Short-Term Disability insurance
- 401(a) Retirement pension after 90 days (5% employer match; fully vested after 12 mo. of contributions)
- 457 Plan Before & After-Tax Options after 90 days (3% match of employee contribution; fully vested after 12 months of contributions)
- 9 paid holidays (On-call duties may require work during holidays with pay)
- 2 Additional Personal Holidays (after 6 months)
- Paid Vacation and Sick (begin accrual upon start)
- Safety gear, including annual work boot allowance
- Uniforms provided
- Company vehicle for duty requirements
- Career development, paid training, and professional certification costs
- On-Call Duty Pay
- Increase of 5% for each higher level of certification obtained. An incentive of .50 per hour raise is given for each additional license obtained.
- Merit Increases of up to 5%.
Widefield Water & Sanitation District has five levels of Operators. Pay ranges depend on certifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Pay range and title depend on certifications and experience. The starting range depends on qualifications.
- Water Systems Operator Trainee $20.30 - $27.87/hr.
- Water Systems Operator 1/D: $22.34 - $30.66/hr.
- Water Systems Operator 2/C: $24.58 - $33.73/hr.
- Water Systems Operator 3/B: $27.04 - $37.10/hr.
- Water Systems Operator 4/A: $29.85 - $41.15/hr.
Eligibility for a signing bonus
The successful candidate could be eligible for a hiring bonus of up to $5000. An initial $2500 payable upon the WWSD’s first regular payroll date following the start date and subject to all applicable tax reporting and withholding requirements. Once the successful candidate has completed the 90-day introductory period, they could be eligible for an additional $2500.
Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening, which includes, but is not limited to a criminal background check, drug screen, and physical.
If you desire to work for a utility that recognizes and appreciates your contributions, apply by visiting our website at www.wwsdonline.com. Full job descriptions are available to be viewed at the website. Submit a resume with the online application for consideration. Resumes without a completed online application will not be considered.
Submit your documents to Carmen Slagle, Senior HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 719-390-1409.
**This advertisement is subject to close at any time due to qualified applicants received.
Widefield Water and Sanitation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download Job Description